Thursday, March 24, 2011

Kitten plans!

I do not yet actually have a kitten, but many people are helping me search for one and probably I will have one soon. Many PCVs are looking out for one and are supposed to let me know if they see any newborns or have a cat themselves who is pregnant. I've also asked Affissa and her friends as well as Imorou. He got me all excited today when he said there was a "cat proprietor" who he would call, but then the guy was busy or something and nothing came of it. So I went home and tried to get my house "cat prepped".

 At this point I have a little bed set up next to my couch and a water and food dish area by my back door. I put the litter box in my spare bedroom in the corner. I'll just be using sand for the litter, but that seems to work with other volunteers' cats. As far as diet goes, I'll probably feed him marche fish as well as bits of whatever I'm eating (eggs, yogurt, bits of couscous, some fruit and veggies). I've done some research and it doesn't seem like I definitely need premium canned kitten food, but I still would really like to be sent some in any care packages you all are sending me, just as a nice treat for Koyo (his future name-- means "child" in Dendi).

I have some zyrtec on hand for if my allergies are bad at first, but I think if I keep him out of my bed and wash my hands after playing with him, it won't be too bad. My allergies have decreased significantly since I was a kid and the last kitten I played with did not have much of an effect on me at all.

Well, that's it for now. I'm back at work and just working on getting my house cleaned up after 6 weeks of being empty. I'll let you all know when I actually find a kitten!

E

*update: My homologue, Imorou, called and told me that tomorrow I can talk to the cat guy after work. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment