Friday, May 7, 2010

Check marks and the end of an era


So I've got all my check marks now!
I woke up this morning and had an email informing me to check my online status. Complete!

I accepted the invitation on Wednesday.

I have sooo much paperwork to fill out. I think I would actually enjoy it in a strange, masochistic way if I didn't have so much other work to be doing. I have 8 things to do before I can graduate--papers, finishing assignments, and finals--and this Peace Corps mass of forms just does not make my life easier right now.

On the bright side, I am now finished with all classes that I will ever have as an undergraduate at this fabulous institution. I've never been one for institutional pride, but I'm really going to miss this place, this experience. I'm not really ready to hash out my feelings about graduating, yet, but when I do it's going to make me cry lol.

I just need to get my stuff completed, get my passport situation figured out, meet with loan people, etc about deferments, figure out packing and shipping everything back to the Midwest for summer, and then relax for at least a week or two before I start worrying about getting everything packed and finalized for July 14th.

At least my senioritis is sort of under control. I don't really WANT to be doing any of my work, but I realize that it is necessary...I'm also realizing that a lot of these assignments and studying sessions are the last ones I'll ever be doing here. This stress is the last stress like this I'll be having. It may be weird, or corny, or whatever, but in a way, that actually makes me feel a little sad.

I'm at the point where I can really only emotionally focus on one big thing in my life and right now that is graduation. As ready as I've been for months and months to be out of here, the fact that it's just around the corner now is very bittersweet. I know it's time for me to be finished, but part of me is not sure I'll be ready for leaving this experience, these friends, this place.

I can't believe graduation is only 3 weeks away.
I'll be back to talk more PC in a couple weeks, once I have everything under control and i can emotionally handle Africa!

Elaina

No comments:

Post a Comment