Thursday, July 15, 2010

it's just a little vacation

We have about an hour until check out from the hotel and then there's a few hours of "free time" to explore Philadelphia/find a starbucks before we have to hop on a bus and drive the New York airport where we will hang out until 11:30pm tonight when we climb aboard the aeroplane that will deliver us to the mother land by way of Paris.

Until then, I am chillaxing for a bit. I need to send a couple things back home (birth certificate, etc) and find a Subway because I have decided my last meal is going to be a foot long veggie sub sandwich with provolone cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumbers, banana peppers, green bell peppers, olives, mayonnaise, and mustard on wheat! Mmmmmmmmmmm.

I woke up early, called C, wished I could conjure coffee, showered, and repacked before heading off to the federal building down the street for shots, and not the fun ones. It actually wasn't bad; we went through security, saw some cool FBI dudes with guns, and got one yellow fever shot. It ain't no thang.

Missing you know who like mad, texted with brother Zach for a bit and realized he'll be a teenager the next time I see him, cried a bit in the shower, but all in all, I'm feeling better than yesterday. I was hungry and tired (well, i'm still hungry I guess) and for some reason the immensity of this whole thing seemed a bit more...well, immense than it really is. But in reality, it's not too bad and it's going to be a great adventure. Colt says to take it one day at a time and I think I just might be able to do that. Talking about him a bit has made me feel a lot better, too. I chatted with my roommate about being engaged and what he's doing for school and strangely enough, missing him doesn't feel so sad in this moment. So yay for that!

Ok, I think I'm off to discover a starbucks. Mmmmm, coffee. Gonna miss that almost as much as DIET COKE.

Elaina


1 comment:

  1. Just one day at a time... I'm all about that. We love you and will miss you but, I expect you will find it all worth it. :) I am so very proud of you! <3 jen!

    ReplyDelete