Thursday, April 15, 2010

Help me run the Boston Marathon!

Because I know this will get out to charitable minded people at peacecorpsjournals.com, I decided to let you all know that I am running the Boston Marathon and need donations for the charity I am running with, the Boston Children's Hospital. You can donate online and I am totally serious, even $20 is an amazing help! I have to raise $4000 and I am just about $1500 short at this point. Please consider a small (or huge!) donation to this amazing institution and to me, a fellow PC applicant and passionate volunteer! All donations are tax deductable!
Donate here at my marathon page!
https://howtohelp.childrenshospital.org/bostonmarathon/pfp/Default.asp?ID=ME0064

I have been featured for my marathon run in 3 newspaper and online news articles.

--The Wellesley news ran an article in February about me!

--The Topeka-Capitol Journal did a feature on me last month

--And now the Wellesley Public Affairs released an article about me!

I also have a companion blog to this one, elainamarathon.blogspot.com if you want to check out my training and fundraising progress!

If you're on facebook and interested, please join my facebook group supporting my run (it's my first marathon!!).

With $1500 to go, I hope people start getting motivated to help a sister out! We can do it! I'm sooo close to getting there! With my peace corps peeps, I really think I have a shot.

Thank you so much!

Elaina

No comments:

Post a Comment