Tuesday, April 6, 2010

On the woes of knowing too much

It's official-->someone has gotten a Mali invite from the health extension peeps. It's been announced on PC wiki and the future PCVs facebook group. Some guy knows he's going to Mali beginning on July 1st. Well, geez. I am going to send in my CPR certificate update tonight to the placement office and hopefully I will know soon.

Knowing that they are clearly giving out invitations from my program nomination is just completely nerve wracking and does not encourage me to try and fight my growing case of the unrelated to RAS syndrome, senioritis.

I think what I am going to do here is take a deep breath. Do it with me, my fellow applicants. In.........and out......sigh.

As long as it's Africa, I will be happy with my invitation, whenever it shall arrive. Happiness all around!

And, I thought I'd leave you with the words that I am officially getting tattooed on my body next week. (it will be healed in plenty of time for the Peace Corps):

let the future say of our generation that we sent forth mighty currents of hope, and that we worked together to heal the world.

E

*edit* I just found out Ashleigh has received contact with her placement officer! That seems to be the first step in getting the invite...the first contact, fishing out the details of the invite to come...the request for updated resume, romantic involvement forms, etc....please, oh peace corps placement gods, shine your love on me this week. I have also just sent in my CPR certification card copies to the placement office, so hopefully I'll hear SOMETHING soon **

No comments:

Post a Comment