Sunday, February 21, 2010

A friend in Africa

Well, my friend who was leaving in June that had yet to receive her official invite...just received her invitation! She's leaving June 14th and it turns out that she didn't meet all the medical requirements of her original program so now she is going to sub Saharan Africa like me! She doesn't have the French background, so she thinks she'll be heading to Tanzania. Which is like massively cool...especially since I can now visit her and climb mount Kilimanjaro. Tres cool. I'm definitely glad to have a friend in Africa!

Well, that's it for me. She suggested I call the Placement office with an update to my application, no matter how trivial because that could boost my place in the pile...but I can't really think of anything that they don't already know, except that I'm running the Boston marathon and am raising money for Boston Children's Hospital. Maybe that could work as an update. I guess if I haven't heard anything by Wednesday, I'll give 'em a call. It's worth a shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment