Friday, February 26, 2010

You must be the change...


So I am thinking about getting a new tattoo (since speculation on my invitation seems to be pointless at this point). It would probably be the quote by Mahatma Ghandi, "You must be the change you wish to see in the world" and I would be getting it lettered on the inside of my upper left arm, Lady Gaga style. Here's a picture of her location...just think Ghandi quote instead of German philosopher. I guess I am more sure of the location than the quote. There's also a slightly longer one by economist Jeffrey Sachs that I really like: "Let the future say of our generation that we sent forth mighty currents of hope, and that we worked together to heal the world."

Which is better?

(Keep in mind I probably won't get it until I get back from PC since I don't think you can have a healing tattoo before you leave for a third world country. that's probably a good idea :P )

Elaina

3 comments:

  1. girl-that looks painful! do you think PC would require a certain amount of time to lapse between getting a tatoo and departure?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^yeah, I think so...I'm probably not getting it before I leave. I'll get it when I come back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I'm Dez I'm 4rom the Congo (but I grew up in South Africa, explains the english) and I'm in Cotonou Benin for the 1rst time to help my mother sell goods... Anyway I also happen to be a tattoo artist (with all the colours!)and I usualy search for the latest tattoo pics on the net... long story short I looked 4 girls looking to get tattoed in Cotonou and I bumped into this page.

    So I'm gonna give U a call 2moro and c how U feel?? :)

    mail: mcdzoks@yahoo.fr
    tel: 99317497 (I'm low batt right now...)

    ReplyDelete