Friday, August 27, 2010

Diet Coke and Brad Pitt

So I've spent the last couple nights here in Cotonou and today I feel the worst...which sucks because the lab has not gotten back to me yet about my sickiness and I am concerned that there isn't a shuttle going back to Porto Novo today...but I don't have any more clothes or money with me here.

I'm out of money because I spent it all on DIET COKE and barbecue PRINGLES! There's a really expensive but amazing patisserie just down the block from the Bureau and I splurged when I saw the glorious can of the Gods' nectar. I think that was as satisfied as I've felt since I've been in this country, phone sex included. Sorry, darling.

I then spent the day watching movies...Mr and Mrs Smith, Oceans 11, 12, and 13 will be this afternoon.

I also read a book and gathered like 4 more to take with me when I leave.

The doctor weighed me and I've lost 10 pounds since my original medical interview 6 weeks ago. So, I guess that's one good thing about feeling sick.

I also got to email chat with Alex and feel a lot better about being out of touch with the real world. I think it's crazy that I went from one little bubble to another here.

Oooook, I'm going to try to find some food and watch some more moooovies.

E

No comments:

Post a Comment