Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Repo in Cotonou

Well, I gave in and just decided to go to Cotonou to see the doctors. I've had sickness feelings for about three weeks now and I just feel generally bad. I was also really homesick last night and I've been extremely frustrated with the trainings lately. I think I just need some time away from Porto Novo and stage for a bit to clear my head and get some meds for my tummy.

I'm also feeling sort of ambivalent about going to Akon. I don't really want to go with just Papa. I don't think it will be worth spending the money to not be with any friends since he hasn't told me anything about whether or not other people can come, too. So whatever. It's not worth 5 mille anyway.

Last night I watched two movies on my computer, Blood Diamond and The Constant Gardener. It was a lot of Africa all at once, but it was so nice to just chill in my room. I also ate dinner at a normal American time and totally took it in my room with me to eat while I watched movies...which was lovely. I was so happy that later, when I was going to bed, all I could think about was how fun it was to watch movies and eat food with Colt (usually pizza...) and I was just suddenly really sad. Then I was thinking about Wellesley and Alex and totally missing hanging out with everyone and I had a moment where I realized that Wellesley was really over and i wouldn't be going back. For some reason that was really upsetting and I spent a lot of time crying about that and about the lack of pizza in my life. I actually called and woke Colt up to cry about it all. He was very helpful and only laughed a little bit.

Now I am actually sort of bored. I don't want to watch all my movies (that I got from my language buddy Matt's hard drive), but I also don't think I'll be meeting with the doctor until later this afternoon. Maybe I'll try to go sleep or something or upload photos. My head hurts!

E

No comments:

Post a Comment